2009年5月15日 星期五

The Last Day of Formal Class



    

     

Today is the last day for the seniors to have their formal class.  Next Monday and Tuesday they have the finals, next Wednesday they're preparing the water balloons they're going to use on Thursday.  After the water ballooning until their graduation ceremony they'll come to school to study, preparing for the UEE. 

In the last class, Class 314 and I still discuss 3 grammar exercises.  They still took two quizzes, one of which they should have done yesterday. 

During the 2nd quiz, Ken (王慶剛), a former student who is a junior at Cheng-chi University, showed up, which really surprised me.  He told me his former Chinese teacher invited him to come back to talk to her 2nd-year students.  After the quiz, they graded each other's paper.  Gina suddenly raised her hands and told me that they had something for me--a card and a gift.  Then, at my request, Ken talked to the students.  Among other things, he told them how nice college life is, that they should have confidence in themselves, that English is important, and that they should follow their heart when choosing a major. 

The students then asked me to say something to them.  I had Ken read to them the passages I read to the other two classes yesterday.  To make sure everybody understands the passages, I challenged them to translate them into Chinese.  They did a good job. 

Then as was done yesterday in Class 313, we sang the song "We Are the World."  I told them I hoped that they could not only take good care of themselves but also care for others.  While they were listening to the song and singing along, I went to each to give them a hug. 

Finally, I said to them, "Goodbye, and good luck!"  They laughed because it was the last sentence in Lesson Eleven.  Then somebody suggested we have our pictures taken.   We did.

Here I have to say sorry to Class 310.  Since your class had only 5 periods of class per week and we had the same amount of work load, we were usullay pressed for time.  Yesterday because we ran out of time, we didn't sing the song, nor did I give each of you a hug.  We'll "catch up on" it.  Luckily, we didn't miss the two passages about not complaining but working harder.

沒有留言:

張貼留言