2009年5月27日 星期三

Take the Responsibility

A student in Class 313 told me excitedly that he passed the make-up exam held yesterday.  I was happy for him.  At the same time, I told him that in college there are no make-up exams and that once one fails a course, one has to re-take it next semester or even next year. 

Three weeks ago, to prepare the final exam, I read a lot of articles on the Net.  One of them was to high school graduates.  It mentioned that college is in fact more difficult than high school.   The point I remember most clearly is that in college no teacher will remind you of the deadlines over and over again.  At the beginnng of the semester, students get a syllabus and after that they have to take care of everything themselves.  All the requirements are on the syllabus and failing to meet any very likely means failing that course.   

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言