2009年5月17日 星期日

If You Care

Yesterday I took my dad and mom to DAYEH Department Store.  After eating lunch on the 12th floor, we went to Kinokuniya Bookstore on the same floor.  It occurred to me that Annie once recommended an excellent magazine Think in English, which she said could only be found in Kinokuniya.  I went directly to the information desk to inquire about the magazine.  Looking exhausted, the saleslady was not very friendly.   Understanding how busy she might have been and noticing the bandages around her fingers, I asked, softly and with a caring smile, if she'd got hurt.  She nodded.  Then her coldness melted.  She not only went to the bookshelf to check if the magazine was there but checked on the computer if there was any in stock.  Though the result was disappointing--they stopped ordering the magazine last year, I still thanked her sincerely for her help and wished her a quick recovery.

If I had only focused on how I felt when she showed unfriendliness in the beginning, there might have been a clash between the saleslady and me.  However, as I mentioned in my blog before, the best way to stay happy is not to always think only about ourselves.  Instead of feeling hurt, I cared how she felt.  Then we got a happy ending.   

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言