2009年5月14日 星期四

Complaining Leads Us Nowhere

In the last class, I read to Classes 313 and 310 two passages from the 32nd chapter "Don't Complain, Just Work Harder" in Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture:

"Too many people go through life complaining about their problems.  I've always believed that if you took one-tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out."

"Complaining does not work as a strategy.  We all have finite time and energy.  Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieving our goals.  And it won't make us happier."

The reason why I chose these passages to read was that I, a person who seldom complains, really have peace in mind.  As their teacher, I do hope they all find peace in mind.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言