2009年5月25日 星期一

Man's Love for His Best Friend



This morning a Husky strolled into Class 313’s classroom. Excited, some students stroked it. Afraid that it might attack the students, I had to figure out a way to lead it away. Yes, food! Yi-wei (朱苡瑋) gave me a small portion of her Baozi. Shu-wei (周書緯) and I lured the Husky to the school gate. However, after eating the food, it followed us back to the 4th floor. We led it downstairs again with a Baozi. Then I went to the school snack bar to call the General Affairs Office. Mr. Feng came to get the dog. When he told us if he reported the dog to the authorities concerned, it would be put to sleep. We didn’t want this tragedy to happen, so the best way was to make it leave the school. Mr. Feng said he would take care of this matter. Shu-wei and I went back to Class 313. 



Upon arriving, Ting-yu (江庭煜) told me her mother might allow her to keep the dog and that her friend would come to get it at noon. Then we hurried downstairs. Seeing the dog still at the gate with Mr. Feng, we went up and told Mr. Feng about Ting-yu’s decision. Then Mr. Feng tied it to a rail near our school’s motorcycle parking space. As Ting-yu and I were leaving, the dog cried. Then we went back to it. Ting-yu said she would stay and keep it company. Worried that it might be dangerous to leave Ting-yu alone with the dog in such a quiet place, I asked her to call a classmate to stay with her. She called Tung, hao (董昦). A few minutes later he came, with two books so that they could study there. Then after I went back to the class and explained the whole thing, Yu-chun (陳俞君) requested my permission to let her go and keep them company. I said yes.

While we were waiting for Tung, hao, I watched Ting-yu playing with the dog. It was a sweet picture. How I wished that I had a camera at hand then to capture that beautiful scene!

In the afternoon, Ting-yu and some other students came to my office and told me that the dog had been taken to Ting-yu’s friend’s place. Before her friend came, Yu-hsiang (賴禹翔) went back to his home to get dog food for the Husky. What a lovely class! I saw in them something greater than studies and grades.

沒有留言:

張貼留言