2009年5月9日 星期六

Follow Your Feelings

Yesterday while surfing the Net for some information, I came across Oprah Winfrey's speech at Standord's Commencement ceremony dated June 15, 2008.  Its title was "Oprah talks to graduates about feelings, failure and finding happiness."   It was a long speech, so I printed it out.  After I read it and put it down, the words I could recall best was "follow your feelings."  Oprah advised, "...feelings are really your GPS system for life.... If it doesn't feel right, don't do it.... When you don't know what to do, get still.... and let your internal motivation be the driver."  She mentioned her own experience:

    "Every right decision I've made has come from my gut.  And every wrong decision I've ever made was a result of me not listening to the greater voice of myself."

     This is similar to Steve Jobs's "You've got to find what you love."  Students should have their advice in mind before they decide what to major in in college.

Click the URL and you can read the speech.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2008/june18/como-061808.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言