2011年3月10日 星期四

Meng-yin, a Special Guest

with Meng-yin

This afternoon, I had a special guest.  Meng-yin (胡夢茵), a student who graduated from Chiehshow Junior High School in the summer of 1985, paid me a visit.  After almost 26 years, seeing her, I was ecstatic.

I was her homeroom teacher at Chiehshow for three years.   She was shy, quiet, and well-behaved.  Now she has a good job, making contributions to society. 

Meng-yin found me through my blog, called me, and made the appointment.  I was really touched by her visit.   She arrived at 2pm sharp, the time she said she would come.  Very punctual.   After so many years, she is still well-disciplined. 

I was surprised when Meng-yin showed me the bookmark I gave her 26 years ago.  That year, I bought the same bookmark for each student, with different words from me inside the cards. 

bookmark for 302     

bookmark for mengyin

We chatted for more than 4 hours, catching up on old times.  To me, she is still someone who I care about, just as I did more than two decades ago.  Her visit is one of my merriest moments this year.

沒有留言:

張貼留言