2011年3月25日 星期五

Lead-in Activity for Unit 7 "The Era for Lohas"

Yesterday and today, I started Unit 7 in Classes 309 and 314 respectively. First I asked them to read the title of the unit and wrote it on the blackboard. When asked if they knew this term, they said "Yes" and gave me the Chinese equivalent--樂活. Then I asked them to guess what the acronym stands for. A class guessed it was "Lifestyle of Happy Attitude Style," which is quite close to the Chinese term, and the other class said it was "Life on Health and Sustainability." I was amazed that Vicky knew the word "sustainability."

Next, I asked them to find the answer in the textbook. It was "Lifestyle of Health and Sustainability." At this point, I discussed with them the word "sustainability."

After that, Ithe students brainstormed whatever came into their mind when they heard the word "LOHAS." As they shouted out the answers, I wrote them on the blackboard. The following are some of their answers:

biking, vegetables, care about nature/the environment, recycling, simple life, exercise, slow-paced, organic foods, etc.

Then they grouped the words into two categories: "health" and "sustainability." Sure they are ready, I had them do the warm-up activity.

Even though these students are under pressure from the entrance exam in July, they participated in the lead-in activity very actively . Good for them!

沒有留言:

張貼留言