2010年10月21日 星期四

Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream," plus an Old Entry Re-posted

Today in Class 309 I had the students repeat after Martin Luther King, imitating the way he delievered part of his famous speech "I Have a Dream." The students tried their very best and did a good job. They were stunned when Martin Luther King said a long sentence or passage without running out of breath, for example,

"... with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification."

and

"...little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and borthers. I have a dream today!"

I told the students that if they could practice the speech every day, doing the imitatin, they would find themselves better at both spoken and written English in a month.

Here I'd like to refer back to an old entry in my 2007 blog, where the video of the speech is posted.

http://www.tiec.tp.edu.tw/lifetype/post/1130/18912

沒有留言:

張貼留言