2010年10月12日 星期二

Accept; Don't Expect

"Accept; don't expect."

This is a sentence I read in Ron Clark's The Essential 55. Ron Clark is an award-winning teacher in the US. In the book he offered 55 rules for his students to follow. Though I forgot many, I remember some, and "Accept; don't expect" is one of them.

This seems to contradict the central idea of the book Secret--hope for the good, and the good will come. Nevertheless, it can be one of the secrets to happiness. My philosophy is like this: When it comes to what we can control, we do our best and hope for the good. As for what is not under our control, accept instead of expect.

For those who are curious about what Mr. Clark's 55 rules are, the following two are what I came across on the Internet, one in English and the other in Chinese.

 55rules.pdf

優秀是教出來的.ppt

沒有留言:

張貼留言