2010年10月9日 星期六

A Happy Gathering

students and me 20101009

This noon, I had lunch with three former Class 311 students: Pei-juan (高培娟), An-yu (彭安愉), and Hsuei-han (劉學涵). They graduated from NHSH seven years ago. Each has had different development since then. I kept asking them about their classmates so that I could keep track of that lovely class. What surprised me most was that one of their classmates, though a major of natural science in high school, are going to Vienna to study music. I'm glad she's found what she loves.

When I asked these girls, all of whom were medicine-related majors, for advice to high school students, they offered three suggestions:

1. Before deciding to work in a hospital, you'd better make sure that you are compassionate enough.

2. Studying in a comprehensive university makes it easier for you to broaden your horizons. You would have a wider variety of courses to choose from than if you study in a medical school.

3. Spending a few years away from home helps foster independence.

沒有留言:

張貼留言