2010年9月24日 星期五

Stay Happy Even When You Don't Feel Well

Yesterday morning in the hallway I came across two students of my homeroom class. One of them told me that she didn't feel well and that she had had a fever the day before. Besides suggesting that she drink more water, seeing her look a little down, I told her that since she felt a bit under the weather, there was every reason for her to stay happy. At my words, she seemed a little perplexed. Understanding this sounded paradoxical to her, I explained that if she allowed herself to feel down, she had two losses, one in her physical condition, and the other her mental state. Hearing my explanation, she smiled, appearing enlightened. 

I learned this mindset from a friend. At a class reunion, he said that those who don't succeed should still feel happy because at least they have happiness with them. A valuable piece of advice.

沒有留言:

張貼留言