2010年9月20日 星期一

Lisa's Singing Dream--A Story by a Student

The following is an article written by a student in Class 314 for the writing task on the 1st practice test. I love the touch of humor.

meow-1 writing task





I am a bucket, working with Lisa, who was hired to clean my owner’s house. Being diligent and hard-working, Lisa always gets compliments from my owner Henry. However, I didn’t like to work with her at all because of her rudeness. 

My first impression of Lisa was that she was a competent, tender woman. In the first month, I was treated like a royal member, and she always concentrated on her work. As time went by, however, she started being distracted. Singing and dancing distracted her all the time. 

When it comes to singing and dancing, though it was Lisa’s hobby and she enjoyed it a lot, for me, the time when Lisa sang and danced was unbearable. Despite her attractive voice, I couldn’t take delight in it at all. In fact, Lisa took me as her stage every time she imagined herself as a singer. Stepping on me with her dirty smelly foot and kicking me upside down are her “additional treatment” of me when she immersed herself in her singing dream. All these made me feel uncomfortable. 

One day, Lisa was so attentive to singing that she didn’t notice my owner Henry was back. Hearing Lisa’s fascinating voice, Henry didn’t scold her. Instead, he introduced Lisa to an album company. From then on, I didn’t hear from her, who used to be my close friend. However, I believe that she will be a top-notch singer some day.

(239 words) (314 廖雪伶)

 

Meow 1 Lisa's singing dream.doc

沒有留言:

張貼留言