2010年4月30日 星期五

The PTA

PTA 20100430

20100430 PTA
This evening we had a PTA meeting. Nineteen parents attended the meeting. First, I talked about the class on the whole, my class management, and what the students will face in the coming summer and the new semester, when they have to get prepared for the SAT. Then came the time for parents to raise questions or share their opinions. A parent questioned why students had to raise the fund on their own for their annual performance. Then I cited a true story I had read in the book What I Wish I Knew When I Was Twenty, in which a professor gave each group of students a very small sum of money and challenged the students to make the most money out of it in a period of time. My point was that to have students find a way to partially sponsor their own activity was not that bad.



At the end of the PTA, we had two photos taken, which, with the parents' permission, will be put on the blog tomorrow.

Finally, I'd like to thank two dear students who volunteered to help me at the meeting, Wen-chi Yang (楊雯淇) and Sao-yu Wu (吳紹瑜). They did a terrific job!

The PTA ended at around 10pm.

沒有留言:

張貼留言