2009年8月1日 星期六

Lunch Money

I'm reading Lunch Money, a New York Times Bestseller. It's about an elementary school boy named Greg, who sets his mind on making money. Besides being a conscientious student, Greg comes up with a bunch of money-making ideas and puts these ideas into practice. Quite aggressive!

Though this book is intended for junior readers ages 8-12, I still find it quite interesting. I am attracted to not only what the book presents but also how it is presented. For example, when I read the following sentence, I was amazed at the analogy the author used. The sentence is a comment made by Greg's math teacher on the clash, the competitiveness between Greg and his classmate Maura.

"'They're like positive and negative numbers, always trying to cancel each other out.'"

What a simile!

沒有留言:

張貼留言