2009年8月11日 星期二

A Visit Paid by Guang-ren

This afternoon, my former student Guang-ren Peng (彭光仁) paid me a visit. He stopped me from turning on the air-conditioner though he was sweating all over from walking in the scorching sun, saying air-conditioning is bad for both our bodies and the environment.

He is studying Chinese medicine in Beijing now, pursuing his master degree. He told me what Beijing is like. Beijing is very crowded all the tiem, he said. In Beijing, the fare for the subway is always around NT$ 10, regardless of the distance. What shocked me was that spitting is a norm in Beijing. I can't bear that!

I learned a lot about food and health during our conversation. For example, the best way to eat black sesame seeds, which contian a lot of Vitamin E, is to "grind" them in our mouth using our teeth. For another example, taking in good oil is better than having no oil at all. Interesting!

Guang-ren suggested that students learn English well. According to him, even Chinese medicine majors have tests in English.

A pleasant and informative afternoon, indeed.

沒有留言:

張貼留言