2009年2月20日 星期五

Yu-shu's Advice on How to Prepare for UEE English

The following is a mail form my former 316 student Yu-shu (謝雨書).  I'm very thankful that she would like to generously share with all the high school seniors her ways of tudying English for the UEE.  She got a 85.33 on the 2008 UEE

P.S.  I got her permission to put the mail on my blog and I've made a few small modifications

Ms Lee,
     Yesterday I came back to NHSH and you asked 宛庭 and I for some advice on studying English. I didn't know what to say, but I think of some now.
     The following are my suggestions for all the high school seniors:
1. I used to study English at home (not in the library or at school) because I can read it out loudly.  This helps me remember.
2. As for writing, I like 翻譯百分百 very much. I suggest all the seniors write all the practices by themselves before they check the answer keys because in this way they can find the mistakes they may have made. Besides, some answers are awfully wrong.
3. It's better for them to write at least one composition every week to keep maintaining the feeling of writing.  Moreover, they must re-write after the teacher's correction.
4. They should do every Meow Meow test and correct every mistake because these concepts will be tested again and again. If they want to do a lot of practice, I would rather suggest them do fewer practices and correct their mistakes carefully.
5. It's highly recommended that they read some short English articles in their free time. This can help improve their reading skill and reading speed.
     The above all are my suggestions. I hope my suggestions can offer some help to all the seniors.  As for all the seniors who want to take the UEE, I suggest they make schedules for every subject and study step by step. They should have confidence.They don't need to worry or be afraid at all because it is possibile for them to improve after a long time of hard work.
 
P.S. I'm sorry I didn't wait until five to chat with you yesterday. I am expecting to chat with you next time I go back to school^^.
                                                                                                    Yu-shu

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言