2009年2月13日 星期五

A List of English Novels Recommended to High School Seniors

This morning seven 314 students and a former 316 student came back to school.   Seeing their happy faces, I was elated. 

The stduent from former Class 316 is Miranda (萬修安), who is an English major at National Central University.  I asked her to recommend some good English novels for high school seniors.  She mentioned some, and she said she would make a list and put it on my blog.  Well, she did.  Just now I found her list on my LifeType blog.  Here is the list.



 
回應文章


1


Book List

The Outsider-S.E.HINTON


Monster-Walter Dean Myers

Alice's Adventure In Wonderland-Lewiss Carroll

Forever-Judy Blume

The above four books I recommend are novels I have read in class last semester.

Twilight-Stephenie Meyer

P.S. I Love You-Cecelia Ahern

He Is Just Not That Into You

Obedience-Lavender Will

These are novels I have read in my free time. And I think they are easy and interesting for high school students to read.


Posted by 修安 at 13/02/2009, 22


 

Studying English is what Miranda loves to do.  I still remember she read TIME in her 3rd year of high school.  Sometimes, she was even ahead of me.  She would me if I'd read a crtain article in TIME because she would like to discuss it with me.  It was her aggressiveness that made her excel in English.

 Thank you, Miranda, for the list.

P.S.  In the afternoon, a student from Advanced English Class which I taught in 2004~2005, Chun-yo Lee (李俊佑) visited me.  During our talk, he suggested that students do as well as possible in the writing part of the UEE.  He also reminded students that the importance of English goes beyond high school level.  They will still need it in college.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言