2009年2月22日 星期日

That's What Family Is for

Mr. Zhi-hao Huang (黃致豪), a 20-year-old NTU student, donated 60% of his liver to his father.  This news story has touched many hearts.  You can read the story in the blog of Taiwanese song diva, Hui Jiang (江蕙).

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/jodychiang/13998718

Like Ms. Jiang, I also want to give Mr. Huang a big hug. 

Though it's very natural for parents to love their children and vice versa, I still hold Mr. Huang in high esteem.  I wish him and his father to get better soon.  Hopefully, Mr. Huang's story can help correct the behavior of parents who abuse their children or children who desert their parents. 

Last Thursday, Feb. 19, I read an article in the UDN entitled "我們都會老...孩子,當我忘記你時,請餵我吃飯。" (We all grow old.  My child, when I forget your name, please feed me).  Inspired by the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," the writer, a junior high school teacher, wrote the article to remind all the children to treat their old parents nicely, just as their parents patiently took care of them when they were little.  Caring for each other, that's what family is for, isn't it?

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言