2009年2月9日 星期一

The Lantern Festival & the Last Day of the Winter Vacation

This year the last day of the winter vacation happened to fall on the Lantern Festival.  In the evening, there is a fireworks display in Neihu, which lasts for more than three hours.  In fact, I can still hear the noise at home now.  It is said the display will go on until 11pm. 

After dinner I went to the Bihu Park area with George.  We saw the dazzling fireworks.  Many people, some of whom wearing a mask, flocked to the display area.  I remember it cost  Taipei 101 around 30 million NT dollars to let off the New Year fireworks for around 3 minutes.  Then what is the cost of tonight's fireworks display in Neihu?  Tradition does beat everything!

Tomorrow I'll be at school from 9am to 4pm, attending a speech and two meetings.  The day after tomorrow is the back-to-school day for all the students.  Welcome back, my dear 310, 313, and 314.

沒有留言:

張貼留言