2009年2月12日 星期四

"Back to School"

These two days there have been quite a few former students paying me a visit. Yesterday I had lunch with 4 from the former 314 and 2 the former 316. We chatted and laughed until 2:20pm. Then I said goodbye to them except for She-heng. She went back to school with me and we kept talking.

I asked them what they would like to say to my current students, who are going to take the UEE in July. Chu-chu suggested they should have confidence, holding a "Yes, we can" attitude. She-heng said the UEE is in fact not so scary as it appears. Later she told me that, to help with her writing, she chose to read some stories in simpler English during the month before the UEE.

Today 4 more students from the former 314 and more then 10 from the former 316 came back to school. I had class, so they were invited to Class 313 to share their experience with students in 313. The advice which impressed me most was that they should come to school happily every day before the UEE. It seems that staying happy enhances learning. I agree. My former students told 313 to cherish the time they spent together in the last few months of high school. At that time, Ching-wen came up to me and held me tight from behind. A twinge of sadness came over me. I knew they missed the good old days and I did too.

To top it all, Ken appeared in front of Class 310 from nowhere when I had just started the 7th peroid of class. He was in NHSH school uniform! I was so surprised to see him. I asked him to say something to 310 for ten minutes. However, it took him the whole class period. He encouraged 310 to apply to university with their SAT results and offered some tips. Besides, he mentioned the importance of Chinese and English.

All these students are lovely. Instead of sleeping at home, going shopping, or doing something else, they chose to come back to their alma mater. They showed their concern when they were talking to the classes. How adorable they are!

沒有留言:

張貼留言