2012年9月17日 星期一

Tips on How to Prepare for TOEIC

A former student Jack Chung (莊子賢) got more than 900 on TOEIC and a full score in the listening section.  Another student asked me how to prepare for TOEIC.   So, at my request, Jack shared some tips through the FB private message.  With his permission, I now post his advice in today's entry as follows:

"My suggestion is to make friend with foreigners to practice with them and make English speaking an everyday thing. As for the reading part, just read more books or papers and another key is to read them fast.  And it's better to go through a basic toeic preparation book, which will make you understand what the test is like."

My comments: If you don't have the chance to make friends with foreigners, jsut create an English environment. For example, watch English movies or listening to English programs; while doing it, repeat what the characters or the teachers say.  Reading fast is also a piece of advice my son mentioned when asked how to prepare for GRE.  Don't stop at new words; instead, just read on to get the main idea and some important facts.

Thank you, Jack.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言