2012年9月29日 星期六

Happy Teacher's Day (Yesterday's Entry)--教師節,看現狀/面對夢周公的學生…

Yesterday evening, I was in Tainan, paying a visit to my father who was hospitalized.  Since I would visit him again today, I stayed in a hotel.

I couldn't get online in the hotel, so I kept my blog on Microsoft Word.  Here it is.

http://udn.com/NEWS/OPINION/X1/7394273.shtml

教師節,看現狀/面對夢周公的學生…

【聯合報╱劉秀芳/教(高雄市)】

2012.09.28 02:54 am

下午第一節下課時,同事氣餒的回到辦公室。因為班上有不少的學生頻夢周公,叫了又睡,醒了又睡,但也因為有課程進度上的壓力,只能專心講自己的課。她很憂心也很洩氣,這樣下去,學生能學到什麼呢?

My comments: One of the ways to help the students is ask the students one at a time privately why they slept in class. Maybe one or two of them are just too tired to stay awake. I had the experience. I once attended a workshop at the National Palace Museum. Since I just finished my teaching in the morning, I felt more and more tired as the lecturer went on with her talk. Always remembering to show respect for others, I struggled and tried my best to open my eyes with my strong will. However, I found myself adrift in the on-and-off voice of the lecturer. It was a very embarrassing experience, but I just couldn't control myself.

很多的老師都有滿腔熱忱,準備傾囊相授,但是常常是「言者諄諄,聽者藐藐」。我們不是不懂教學方法,也不斷在自我進修,但是面對多樣化的學生,也有束手無策的時候,伴隨而來的就是懊悔、自責、懷疑。

My comments: As long as we've tried our best, we don't need to put all the blame on ourselves.

今天是教師節,講敬師,對我們來說是奢求。只是希望當社會把矛頭指向不適任老師,大聲撻伐的同時,可不可以也沒有任何光環,卻始終站在第一線,真心守護孩子的老師,一句真誠感謝的話語,或是一個深情的擁抱,讓老師們知道,有一股堅實的力量做他們後盾,並不孤單。

My comments: All the respectable teachers, a salute and a hug from me. In fact, some of the students are just too shy to show their gratitude.

20120928 / 23:02:05in Tainan
my blog.docx

沒有留言:

張貼留言