2012年9月26日 星期三

All You Have to Do Is Ask

Randy Pausch's "All You Have to Do Is Ask" simplifies my life.  This morning, I checked Google Maps to plan the route to the lecture hall I'm going to tomorrow afternoon.  The following is what I got:

Miramar (a shopping mall)--34 minutes' bus ride-->Taipei Main Station--3 minutes' walk--> HSR station--34 minutes' HSR ride-->HSR Hsinchu Station--2 minutes' walk-->Liujia Station--20 minutes' train ride-->Hsinchu Station--17 minutes' walk-->Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City

Very complicated, isn't it?

Finding so many transfers unbearable, I called and asked Cultural Affairs Bureau the shortest route from HSR Hsinchu Station to the bureau.  The lady kindly told me just to take the shuttle bus form the HSR Station and got off at a church, which is near the bureau.  And the bus trip takes only 5 minutes. That means I can thus save more than 30 minutes.

See? All you have to do is ask.   I'm glad that I have read Dr. Pausch's The Last Lecture.

P.S. In fact, I can take the MRT to Taipei Main Station, which takes about 25 minutes and saves me 9 more minutes.  The lesson?  Instead of following the authority blindly, think!

沒有留言:

張貼留言