2012年9月14日 星期五

Face the Sun, and the Shadow Is Left Behind

Yesterday evening, a former student came to visit me.  We chatted over dinner.  When we came to the topic of the MRT, I told her whenever I saw the enormous crowds at the MRT station, especially Chung-hsiao Fu-hsing, I was really touched.

Perplexed, she asked me why I felt touched instead of annoyed; after all, elbowing through the crowd isn't something pleasant.  I told her without the MRT, all the crowds would have to commute on the ground, either driving their car or taking the bus or the taxi and thus cause more serious traffic jams.   So seeing the big crowds at the MRT station, I always feel grateful to those who planned and built the MRT, I added. She was even more surprised when told that I was once so touched that I took a photo of such a spectacle.

When we face the sun, our shadow is left behind.  When we focus on the haves, we won't be bothered by the have-nots.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言