2009年12月10日 星期四

Turning the Story into a Comic Strip

Two days ago, my student teacher Ali, after finishing the reading part of Unit 9 "A Memorable Event," gave Class 209 an interesting assignment--drawing Chaplin's memorable event and turning it into an 8-panel comic strip. At that time, some students complained that they were bad at drawing. However, this morning, when I collected the comic strips, I was quite impressed with their drawing skills.

This is an interesting activity. Students have to pick the curcial parts of the story for the eight panels. This requires a complete understanding of the story.

I can try this activity next time when we come across another story in the textbook. However, I'll do it in a different way. I'll have the students draw the comic strips before we discuss the lesson. This will make the activity more challenging. To complete the mission, students have to "decode" the story on their own.

沒有留言:

張貼留言