2009年12月24日 星期四

Touched...

I was on the brink of tears this morning when my special student handed me a big key chain he made.

We have four one-on-one classes a week. I teach him two lessons for each mid-term. Besides, we read a simplified novel "Love Story" and sing some songs. Though having dyslexia, he worked hard. He finishes all the assignments I gave, including memorizing new words, previewing one or two paragraphs, reciting one or two important sentences, doing exercises in the book, making sentences, reviewing the songs, etc.

Evey time we meet, I use the word cards to test him on the vocabulary he has learned, from English to Chinese, and vice versa. I am happy that he still remembers the words in the four units he learned before the second mid-term. You might think this is no big deal. However, if you know he didn't even know the word "wife" or "ear" when I asked him for the words a month ago, you will understand the trouble he has to take to learn the lessons in high school English Book 3.

Though we still have a long way to go before he can read an English article on his own, we are on the way. He's got the right attitude.

沒有留言:

張貼留言