2009年3月20日 星期五

Listen to ICRT News

At the beginning of today's class, I had Class 314 listen to a piece of ICRT news which I recorded this morning before I left for school.   Listening to English news used to be a very common activity in my class several years ago. 

After the students listened to the news once, I asked them about the main idea.  Very good, they knew it was about free lunches. Then I asked them who would benefit from the program, they gave a correct answer--elementary school and junior high school students.  However, when it came to whether every student in those schools or only a limited number of students would have free lunch, they hesitated to give their answer.  Then after telling them to pay attention to the verb tense, i played the tape again.  Still they couldn't answer for sure.  So I had them listen for the third time, emphasizing the importance of the verb tense in English.  Finally, they gave a definite answer--every student in elementary and junior high school would get a free lunch starting next year. 


沒有留言:

張貼留言