2009年3月19日 星期四

Challenge the Authority

I always encourage my students to challenge the authority.  In class, if they correct me, they can win 2 points for their team.  I love the sporadic challenges from the students in class.  That means they are thinking critically.

Yesterday something interesting happened in Class 310.  Around 10 minutes before the class was dismissed, I told the students there was a small but important mistake in Unit 17 in the translation book we used and that the first one who pointed it out could win a carton of milk.  I expected them to tell me today since we'd discuss the unit in today's class.  To my surprise, in the blink of an eye , Pei-yi (林佩儀) came up to me and told me about her finding.  She didn't succeed.  Then quite a few students came to me one after another.  Near the end of the class, they even squatted in a circle in the front of the classroom having a discussion, when the rest of the class were singing the song "Hero."  What a sight!  Finally, Pei-yi successfully located the mistake.

It was a pity that I didn't have a camera with me to capture their inquisitiveness. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言