2009年1月25日 星期日

The Chinese New Year's Eve

This morning I woke up with delight, beaming, because... it is the Chinese New Year's Eve. 

Every year on this special day, everyone is busy preparing or preparing for the big family reunion dinner.  In the market, crowds of people shop for food, for new clothes, for couplets, etc.  Every family seems to start cooking dinner in the morning, plenty of vegetables and meat piled on the kitchen floor, waiting to be made into delicious dishes and get into the stomachs.   

After the big dinner comes another exciting moment--giving and receiving red envelopes.  I give red envelpes to my parents, mom-in-law, husband, son, nephews and nieces, sometimes even to my brother and sister.  Though I'm no longer a kid, I still receive red envelopes from my parents and mom-in-law.  

Then the family chat with each other and play some games until midnight.   After working for a year, It's really a relief.

I love the Chinese New Year's Eve.  It's a heart-warming day.    Happy New Year, everyone! 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言