2009年1月16日 星期五

How SAT and UEE Compositions Are Graded

This morning, five minutes before the class was over, I read to the 314 students two compositions written for the 93 SAT, graded 19 and 16 respectively.  My purpose was to make it clear that to write an excellent compositions is not that difficult.  In fact, in these two compositions no "big" words were used.  A complete well-organized story written in simple English, with some variety in sentences and little mistakes in spelling or grammar made them stand out. 

There are more samples on the following webpage.

 http://www.ceec.edu.tw/CeecMag/articles/142-2.htm

In fact, I posted this webpage last year on my Life Type blog.  Now that I still have students who are going to take the SAT, I'd like to post it here again.  Those who want to print the article out can click on the following titile.

學測與指考作文評分樣例

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言