2009年1月7日 星期三

"A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever"

This morning, during the break when some students in Class 310 were surrounding me reciting the poem "The Road Not Taken" in turn, Yi-an (楊以安) said, "It's delightful to hear my classmates reciting the poem."  I was delighted to hear that.  Yi-an even recited it to me for the second time.  She didn't forget it right after she recited it to me a few days ago.  I know it will stay in her mind/heart for a long time.  Good for her! 


Though students won't be asked to write this poem down from memory for the final exam, I still insist they recite the poem to me respectively.  To feel the beauty of the English language is what I, as an English teacher, want most for my students to experience.  I want them to be touched! Am I being too romantic?

沒有留言:

張貼留言