2015年8月27日 星期四

Visit of Guangren



Guangren (彭光仁), a student I taught at Cheihshow Junior High School around 33 years ago, paid me a visit this late afternoon. He was 13 when I taught him, and now he is 46!

Guangren started to learn herbal medicine at the age of 30 and is practicing medicine in Beijing now. I still remember years ago, he told me the proportion of rice to vegetables, meat, and fruit for a meal should be 2:1.Today, he shared with me some other ways of staying healthy. For example, he said green food is good for the liver, red for the heart, yellow for the spleen and the stomach, white for the lungs, and black for the kidneys. Besides, moderate sour food does good to the liver, bitter the heart, sweet the spleen and the stomach, spicy the lungs, and salty the kidneys; however, excessive intake of the above food harm the organ respectively. Medicine is a fascinating field, indeed.

He's leaving next Monday, Aug. 31, returning to his work. Knowing he enjoys his work, I'm more than happy.



沒有留言:

張貼留言