2015年8月29日 星期六

Another Gathering with Students



Mengzhe LINEd me the other day asking for a meet-up this weekend. He said he'd like to ask me some questions about going abroad for further studies. He invited his good friend Chungtze to join us.

I'm glad to know that Mengzhe is doing what he loves. He majors in atmospheric science at National Central University, going on to his senior year this fall. However, his real interest is in computer science. He designed an app months ago for a professor and won the first prize, so the professor, who works on computer science, asked him to join his laboratory team this summer. He told me this evening he had ambition to design a robot who can feel and think like human beings. Could it be possible? I challenged him to think about the complexity of human thoughts and feelings. What has to be involved? Though I am skeptical about human robots, I still offer him my best wishes. Who knows? Smartphones were impossible to humans a decade ago; however, they are here with us now.

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言