2015年8月19日 星期三

A Gathering on Short Notice



This noon I had a gathering with my brother-in-law Simon, Jun-zhi, and Chun-zi. In fact, Jun-zhi and his wife Chun-zi  invited me via LINE yesterday evening. Although I had to pick up my sis-in-law at Taipei Veterans General Hospital at 3 this afternoon, unable to resist their sincerity, I, the catalyst of their friendship as Jun-zhi called, finally accepted their invitation.

This past May, Jun-zhi and his wife Chun-zi went to the States. They don't speak much English, so around 2 months before they set off, Jun-zhi asked me about how to get from Newark Airport to Washington. My youngest sister Ching-ching happened to live in New Jersey, so I emailed her for some information because it's been a very long time since I last visited the USA. The moment my sister knew they don't speak much English, worried they might get lost, she volunteered to pick them up at the airport, which is an hour's drive away from her home. Eventually, her husband Simon drove to meet them at the airport, brought them home for some snacks, and sent them to a hotel. The next morning, he went to the hotel to pick the couple up and took them to a Greyhound bus station, from where they went smoothly to Jun-zhi's cousin's place in Washington.

Because of Ching-ching's and Simon's kindly help, they four are friends now.

沒有留言:

張貼留言