2015年8月26日 星期三

Jack, Happy Seeing You Again, and Good Luck!



Had an afternoon tea with Jack, a former student who graduated from NHSH in 2009. Last Thursday, he asked if I could go over his motivation letter for applying to a language school in Germany, though having a deadline to meet, I still did it promptly and offered him some revision suggestions. This afternoon, I read the revised letter and also gave him a mock interview in English. He's going to have the interview with someone from German Institute Taipei tomorrow.

During this afternon's meet-up, Jack also shared his working holiday experience in Germany for the past year. He told me that compared to people in Taiwan, the Germans are more conservative and enjoy a simpler life, which surprised me. German people are straightforward. When they see you do something wrong, they will point it out directly, he added. This reminds me of the experience of an NHSH colleague. During her stay in Germany, her German neighbors often knocked on her door and told her to turn off the lights. Generally speaking, the Germans care much about the environment.

At my request, Jack introduced himself and Taiwan in German.. Though I couldn't understand a word, I felt the fluency and his confidence in using the language. According to him, the German class he attended was conducted in Natural Approach, i.e, teaching German in German. The approach seems to have worked very well for Jack.

Good job, Jack, and good luck!

沒有留言:

張貼留言