2014年12月16日 星期二

Nice Seeing You Again, Spencer!



After observing Wei-ting's class and having a discussion with her, I left for a lunch date with Spencer, a former student who is studying in the States and came back for a brief visit.

It's been one and a half years since we last met each other. There was much for us to catch up on. Guess what? We chatted until around 6:30pm. Six hours! He shared with me his school life at UCLA and I told him what I'd been doing since retirement. When he showed me the list of the books he has there and the essays he had written, I was amazed at his ability to organize things so well. Looking at this master's degree candidate, the image of a high school boy standing beside me in the office chatting or asking questions floated into my mind. How nice it is for a teacher to see his/her students grow!

Thank you, Spencer, for paying me a visit duirng such a short stay in Taiwan.



 

沒有留言:

張貼留言