2014年12月16日 星期二

Class Observation



This morning I was invited by Ms. Wen to observe her student teacher Wei-ting's class at 8:10.

Wei-ting is good at detailed explanation. Under her instruction, I believe all students understood the passage. Besides, the way she taught the organization of the passage was remarkable. The lesson was about superstition. She asked students to mark examples for superstition in the text with the same color pen and the detailed information about each example in red. To top it off, she challenged students to read between the lines.

The suggestions I gave were:

1. Make the class more interactive by walking around and asking more questions.

2. Give students more chance to use in class the English they learned in this lesson.

3. Invite students to give examples instead of telling them.

4. Relate what students learned to real life.

I'm happy that I still had the chance to observe class after retirement. If I can bring out the best of potential teachers, my teaching career goes on. Thank you, Ms. Wen, for inviting me.



 

沒有留言:

張貼留言