2014年12月13日 星期六

Dance with the Trees



After a good night's sleep, today, George and I took a guided tour to Chilan Sacred Tree Garden.





All the "sacred" trees are around or more than 1,000 years old. Staring at these trees, I could not but feel reverence toward them.



Our tour guide Ms Chen, who works at National Ilan University on weekdays and in the garden as a volunteer on weekends.











Each tall aged tree was numbered and named after a famous person in Chinese history. There are two kinds of so-called sacred trees: Taiwan cypress (台灣扁柏) and Taiwan red cypress (台灣紅檜). Due to the clear explanation of the tour guide Ms. Chen, I learned the difference between them. And I now know the four countries which produce good cypress: Taiwan, Japan, the States, and Canada.









Shall we dance?

 







 



My heart leapt with joy when I beheld these tree friends.

 

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言