2014年12月19日 星期五

Diego, Good Luck!



Diego, a former student who graduated from NHSH in 2006, LINEd me yesterday asking me if we can meet up before he goes to Germany as an exchange student. Of course, I said yes. And today, we chatted for almost six hours!

Around nine years ago, when he was still in his second year of high school, he came to my office almost every day at noon to chat with me in English. I was impressed with his knowledge. He knew almost everything about almost everything. Then I knew he usually finished his lunch during the third break and went to the library to read Commonwealth Magazine and Global Views Monthly while his classmates were eating lunch. Reading has always been the fountain of his knowledge, which often amazes whoever chats with him.

He's going to Germany in February for a half year to study BA there. I believe it will be a fantastic experience for him. A lover of Chinese culture and an eloquent speaker, he can act as an "ambassador" for our country at the same time.

Diego, good luck and have fun!

 

沒有留言:

張貼留言