2014年12月18日 星期四

Bravo, Meng-ze!



The concert at National Central University I went to yesterday evening really amazed me, especially my student Meng-ze's (陳孟澤) performance. The last one to go on stage, he played Liszt's Dante Sonata. After he finished, I called out "Bravo!" During his performance, I opened my eyes wide watching his fingers dance on the piano while listening with all ears. Wondering how he, not a music major, could handle such a difficult piece without instruction from any teacher and play it without looking at the score, I believed what he had once said, "We can learn things by ourselves." Yes! But it takes extraordinary passion and a strong will power. In his performance, I saw how these two elements come into play. Bravo!!

Besides enjoying the concert, I also met up with two of Meng-cher's high school classmates, Wang Wen (王彣) and Lin Sung-ju (林嵩儒). Before I started off, Wang Wen, knowing I would go, asked me via FB if I'd like to have dinner together and showed me how to get to the school. Very sweet of him! Told by Wang Wen on the phone that I was in their school, Sung-ju came to see me regardless of the chilling cold there. I was really touched.

I brought an apple for each of the 301 students.











Wang Wen and Lin Sung-ju

 



All of tonight's performers and the two hostesses.
The same music (Liszt's Dante Sonata) played by Arcadi Volodos, a famous Russian pianist:

沒有留言:

張貼留言