2014年8月1日 星期五

Good Night Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet)



This evening, I had a gathering with a former student Yu-ting (顏渝庭), who is studying English literature in graduate school at NCCU. During our chat, she mentioned a play Good night Desdemona (Good morning Juliet). The playwright creatively turned  Shakespeare's two tragedies Othello and Romeo and Juliet into comedies with some element.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight_Desdemona_(Good_Morning_Juliet)

It's been more than 20 years since I last read a play when I was taking in-service summer courses at NTNU. This evening's get-together brought back to me the memory of my college days, when I was engrossed in English/American literature.

Yu-ting told me that Prof. Chen (陳超明教授) once mentioned in class that when he was studying in the States for his PhD degree, his professor assigned 200 novels for the class to read in one year and Mr. Chen did complete the mission. That means he finished a novel in one or two days. Wow!

沒有留言:

張貼留言