2014年8月26日 星期二

Brush Up on English

This noon I had a gathering with a former student who graduated in 2012. We chatted until around 3pm.

During our chat, he mentioned he is preparing for the graduate school entrance exam in 2016, but hadn't started studying English and that his English is not as good now as two years ago, when he was in high school. I suggested that he listen to Studio Classroom every day and read something that interests him. Asked what he liked, he said basketball. Then I asked who his favorite player was. He said a name that I don't remember. I advised him to read the player's story online. Afterwards, I drove him to the Caves Bookstore and showed him the book "Linsanity," the English in which is not difficult. Flipping through the first few pages, he said he liked the book. Then I bought it for him as a gift, hoping it is a good start for him to brush up on his English.

沒有留言:

張貼留言