2014年8月13日 星期三

Let's Talk

A former student called me this evening, letting out to me something disturbing her. After listening to my analysis and advice, she told me she felt much better.

This reminds me of a Chicken Soup story I read long ago. In the story, the author got a phone call one late night from her friend. They talked for quite a while. At the end of their chat, her friend told her she had planned to take her own life when she made the call. As luck would have it, the author answered the phone. If she  hadn't, she might have lost a friend.

When one is at the bottom of life, a talk with someone is very likely to raise him/her up. Yesterday the renowned American comedian Robin Williams's suicide shocked and saddened the world. He had suffered from depression. If he had found someone to talk to, he might not have stepped into the death valley.

沒有留言:

張貼留言