2011年4月26日 星期二

My Favorite Book--An Essay by a Student

The following is an essay by a student in Class 314 on the topic "My Favorite Book." She read the original and fell in love with it. In the essay, she describes the content of the book and explains why it is fascinating.

                                                                                My Favorite Book 

My favorite book is Julie and Julia. The book has everything that I could fall in love with. It is about cooking, food, blogging, and a female who loses herself and tries to sort her life out.

There are two main characters in the book: Julia Child and Julie Powell. Julia, who has nothing to do and finds solace in cooking, realizes that she is really good at it. As to Julie, she has a boring routine, but a good job. She has a loving husband and everything one can ask for, but she still finds something missing and ends up filling that void by taking up a cooking challenge and blogging about it.

I got pretty much enlightenment from the book. First, never give up. Julie never gives up and faces every challenge positively. She spends eight years working on a cookbook. She writes, rewrites, edits, tests and tests. From her, I learned to always look on the bright side, make every effort to do what I love, and stay true to my heart. The second lesson is not so obvious, but just as important as the first one. It is that no one is responsible for our happiness, and that we have to find our own inspiration. Because of the priceless lessons, Julie and Julia is my favorite book. (221 words) (314 楊雯淇)

My comments: The essay would be a little better if Ms. Yang had briefly mentioned what happens between Julie and Julia, as implied in the book title. Except for that, the essay is well written. 

My Favorite Book.doc

沒有留言:

張貼留言