2009年7月15日 星期三

You Got Five Points!

This morning, in the remedial class, when a student introduced the phrase "fall off" and challenged the other students to find in the book and read out the sentence containing the phrase, I asked a student to act out the sentence.

"(Kelsi was struggling to lift a large piece of red-and-black-stripted plywood.) As Gabriella watched, Kelsi finally got the piece of wood off the ground--and almost fell off the edge of th stage."

                            (from High School Musical: Wildcat Spirit)



 With some guidance, he did it right. Then I myself acted out the sentence. However, I did almost fall off the platform.

The students laughed. One said, "Good job! You got five points!"

Though laughing at my own performance, I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I had fallen over. I knew then and there how difficult it was to be an actor.

P.S. In my class, students win one or two points for their team when they answer my questions or point out my mistakes.

沒有留言:

張貼留言