2009年7月10日 星期五

A Delicate Drawing by Diego

20090710 039

This drawing is drawn by Diego (邱元亨), my former student, who is a junior at NTU.  He gave me this on July 1, when he paid me a visit.  It would take me years to finish such a delicate drawing if I were asked to produce one.  However, he told me he hadn't spent much time on it.  The scene in the picture is a harbor view in Hongkong.

When I saw the drawing, I was taken aback.  Looking at it in disbelief, I couldn't take my eyes off it for a long time, touched.  It reminded me of the Chinese famous painting "Along the River During the Ching-ming Festival."   You may like to review the painting by clicking on the URL.

http://www.npm.gov.tw/exh96/orientation/flash_4/index.html

Diego is an interesting student.   Talk to him, and you'll be impressed by what he knows.  There were times in his 2nd and 3rd years of high school when he came to talk to me in English nearly every noon.   He talked about fashion, cars, history, geography, politics, people, etc.  I was amazed at his knowledge, good memory, and of course, good English. 

Thank you, Diego, for the drawing.  To me, it is a masterpiece!

沒有留言:

張貼留言