2009年7月14日 星期二

A Generous and Genuine Friend

When I got the phone call from Annie (詹麗馨老師) this evening and was told that she bought pajamas for me today, I was speechless. It seems that I am always on her mind. Since I got to know her, she has given me a lot, including books, stationery, clothes, food, and most important, spiritual support.

Annie reads extensively and likes to share what she reads with me and on her blog. For example, she told me yesterday that she was reading a wonderful book 給年輕人贏的習慣. I went to the bookstore to buy the book this afternoon.

Annie and I often talk about our teaching on the phone. Both of us know the importance of reading. Annie has her students read something every day. I encourage my students to read by lending them books and giving them some great articles or stories to read.

To have such a friend as Annie is a blessing. My heart is always full of gratitude.

沒有留言:

張貼留言