2009年7月20日 星期一

A Cool Encounter in Summer

kellie and bernard and students

Last Friday, my nephew Bernard and niece Kellie, who came from the US for their father's funeral, came to visit my summer class.

At the beginning of the class, they introduced themselves very briefly. Then I had the students ask them questions to find more information about them.

 Then while I was teaching, my nephew and niece acted as my assistant. They explained some new words in the novel in English, talked about high school life in the States, and acted out some English expressions.

Among others, two things impressed me most. One is their introduction to the school spirit week in American high school. The other is the sentences made by them.

When we came across the word "sarcastically," I invited Bernard and Kellie to make a sentence. Here are their sentence:

Bernard: (pointing to a guitar on a desk, which had only 5 strings) That's a really nice guitar.

Kellie: (putting a stuffed animal in the arms of the boy who is standing in front of the class) He looks so manly.

When I heard Kellie's sentence, I burst out laughing. At first, the students didn't know why I laughed because they didn't know the word "manly." After my explanation, they roared into laughter. A really good example sentence, isn't it?

I was really happy about their visit, so were the students.

沒有留言:

張貼留言