2009年7月16日 星期四

Samuel's Funeral

Today is my brother-in-law Samuel's funeral. It started at 2pm. We arrived earlier, about 12:50 because we wanted to help. I was going to take photos for my sister. When I set foot inside the hall and saw Samuel's enlarged photo, tears rushed to my eyes.  In the photo he looked so young, so buoyant. As a matter of fact, he was young! Right at this moment, I still can't believe he has left us.

Many of his college and high school classmates came to pay their last respects to him, and so did his colleagues.

I read aloud the eulogy written by my uncle who lives in Massachusetts, USA. After he was informed of Samuel's death, he wrote the eulogy and emailed it to me, asking if I could read it at the funeral for him. I'm usually quite shy; however, today while I was reading it, I felt very calm.

When I was not taking photos, I looked at Samuel's photo, thinking about life. I remember mentioning this once on my blog: A man felt very happy when every morning he opened his eyes and found he was still alive. His story taught us that it is easy to be happy about life if we know that one day it will end.

Next time, when you are angry with someone, think about this: If you should never see that person again tomorrow, would you still be so angry?

沒有留言:

張貼留言